6 days / 5 nights
Aurora Borealis (Northern Lights) is the Solar Wind lighting up the night sky lasting from a few minutes to several days. It can be seen from the middle of August up to the end of April in the sky above the Polar Circle. We can do a broadcasting 1-2 days in front with probability of Northern Lights appearing of 90%. In case if there is the good broadcasting the guide comes to the hotel to collect you for the “Aurora’s hunting”.
The same days can be spend for more activities behind the Polar Circle: excursions and museums, watching Saami culture, meeting charming Husky dogs, testing delicious traditional and many other things. Ask us!
Dates: any dates from 25.12 to 15.04
Arrival in Murmansk airport. Since this very moment you get chance to see Northern Lights at any moment. Meeting by a taxi with name plate and transfer to the hotel Arktika located in the very center of the city, check-in. Overnight in the hotel.
At 10.00 a guide comes to the hotel to pick you up for the city excursion. Lunch in a restaurant serving traditional Russian food. Coming back to the hotel around 4 pm. (BL)
Breakfast. At 9 am we start our trip to Saami Village Lovozero to visit a museum of Lappish History. Then we go to the Husky farm. We can communicate with the charming and sweet dogs as well as to see reindeers and sledge behind them. We also can try our ability to rule a dogs’ sledge. Lunch in a traditional Saami dwelling. Overnight in a hotel Laplandia in Monchegorsk. (BL)
Breakfast and check-out at 9 am. Excursion in the city and proceed to the town of Kirovsk in the Khibiny mountains. Check-in at the hotel “Severnaya” upon arrival. Lunch in a restaurant. After lunch we go to the Snow Village. It is a big construction made of snow with ice sculptures and snow wall labyrinths. If you like you can take a short ride on a snowmobile from 15 minutes to one hour. You can try your creativeness in snow carving. In the evening we are back in Kirovsk. Overnight at the hotel. (BL)
Breakfast. At 09.00 drive to Saami Settlement. There are some traditional dwellings and reindeers which like to be stroked and fed by moss and bred. We will have lunch in Kuvaksa around a fire place: fish soup with bread, reindeer meat, pies with berries and herb tea. Those who like may put on Saami clothes and make photos with reindeers. Then we proceed to Murmansk. Check-in at the hotel upon arrival. Overnight at the hotel. (BL)
Breakfast. Departure. Transfer to the airport.
- accommodation including breakfast
- 3 nights in a tourist class Arktika hotel in Murmansk
- 1 night in a tourist class Laplandia hotel in Monchegorsk
- 1 night in a tourist class Severnaya hotel in Kirovsk
- meeting by a taxi at Murmansk airport and transfer to the hotel
- transfer from Murmansk to the Husky farm and then to Monchegorsk
- transfer from Monchegorsk to Kirovsk
- transfer from Kirovsk to Saami settlement and then to Murmansk
- transfer from a hotel (in Murmansk) to the airport Murmansk
- 6 hour car or bus excursion in Murmansk with English speaking guide including entrance ticket to the Historical Museum or Navy Museum
- 2 hour excursion in Monchegorsk with English speaking guide including entrance ticket to Museum of Coloured Stones.
- entrance fee to Snow village
- program at Husky Farm
- program at Saami Settlement
- meals mentioned in the program: B – breakfast, L – lunch
Price does not include:
- Visa invitation
- Dinner in evening
- Entrance ticket to the First Nuclear Icebreaker "Lenin"
- Entrance ticket to Oceanarium (Seal theatre)
- Snow carving with rental instruments and prepared snow cube
- Snowmobiling: from 15 min to 1 hour with instructor
- 2-3-4 hour Snowmobiling safari in Khibiny mountains
- Alpine skiing
- Ice skating
- guide service for northern light watching
- car service for northern light watching
- bus service for northern light watching
Documents: Passport must be valid at least 6 months after date of return. A visa is required. We handle a visa invitation if necessary.