6 days / 5 nights
Aurora Borealis and active Winter holiday behind the Polar Circle
Aurora Borealis (Northern Lights) starts to be seen since middle of August and up to the end of April.
If there is positive broadcasting for Aurora Borealis a guide comes to the hotel to pick you up and drive to the South or to the North depending on the most evident place for showing up Northern Lights.
Beside it – different winter activities as well as sightseeing of the specific area named Kola Peninsula.
Prime snow season is March and April. This is an excellent time to come for skiing or snowmobiling adventure over frozen lakes and via forest in the Northern wilderness.
For those ones who like to experience the polar night and are not afraid of a little cold – Winter activities in January are also possible.
Tour description: Husky Farm – 2 day snowmobiling – skiing – Saami - Guided excursion in Murmansk
Group size: from 4 to 6 persons or from 6 to 18 persons
Dates: on request from 10.01 to 15.04
Day 1, Monday
Meeting at Murmansk airport in morning. Transfer to Siberian Husky farm. We will get experienced with dog sledging as well as reindeer sledging and will know a lot about the animals in the North. At 4 PM we proceed to Kirovsk city and check-in at a hotel. Overnightl. (L)
Day 2, Tuesday
Breakfast. Check-out. Departure. Transfer to the start point of snowmobiling tour. Changing clothes and start to drive first to the Snow Village and then further to Khibiny mountain to direction of a mountain hotel. Check in. Lunch. After lunch we will continue snowmobiling in mountains. Dinner in the hotel in the evening. Sauna. Overnight. (BLD)
Daily distance: 60-70 km
Day 3, Wednesday
Breakfast. Check-out. Drive by a snowmobile via several passes. Come back for lunch to the hotel. After lunch we snowmobile to the East Petrelius Pass (883,3 m) and then back to Kirovsk. Transfer to Monchegorsk’s suburb and check-in at a tourist base “Rizh”.
Daily distance: 60 – 70 km
Day 4, Thursday
Breakfast. At 10.00 we start the skiing tour from the tourist base. A hot sauna is prepared for us on the lake shore. Lunch in the sitting-room of the sauna. Ice fishing and ice swimming are possible. Overnight in the tourist base. (BLD)
(Those who doesn’t like to ski can have a city excursion in Monchegorsk with a guide.)
Day 5, Friday
Breakfast. At 08.00 drive to Murmansk city. On the way we visit the Saami Settlement to meet Saami life. Traditional Saami Lunch. Then we proceed to Murmansk. 3 hour city
tour visiting places of interests, watching city life. Visit to the first nuclear icebreaker “Lenin”. Overnight at Ogni Murmanska hotel. (BL).
Day 6, Saturday
Breakfast. Transfer to the airport. (B)
- Accommodation including breakfast:
- 1 night in twin or double room in tourist class hotel “Ogni Murmanska” in Murmansk
- 2 nights in twin or double room in tourist base “Rizh” in Monchegorsk
- 1 night in twin or double room in tourist class hotel “Severnaya” in Kirovsk
- 1 night in twin or double room in a mountain hotel "Ramzai-Sever”
- Meeting at Murmansk airport and transfer to Husky farm and then to Kirovsk city
- Transfer from Kirovsk city to the start point of snowmobiling tour
- Transfer from Kirovsk city to Monchegorsk city
- Transfer from Monchegorsk city to Saami Settlement and then to Murmansk
- Transfer Murmansk city to to Murmansk airport
- Program at Husky Farm
- 2 day snowmobiling tour in Khibiny mountains
- One day skiing tour in Monchegorsk suburbs incl. ski rental and ice-fishing equipment
- Program at Saami Settlement
- Three our city tour in Murmansk including excursion in icebreaker "Lenin"
- Mentioned saunas
- Meals mentioned in the program: B – breakfast, L – lunch, D - dinner
- English interpreter service at Husky Farm
- Guide and English interpreter services for Days 2 - 5
Price does not include:
- visa invitation
- dinner in the hotel restaurant ala carte
- guide service for northern light watching
- car service for northern light watching
- bus service for northern light watching
Documents: Passport must be valid at least 6 months after date of return. A visa is required. We handle the tourist invitation.