6 days / 5 nights
Aurora Borealis and active Winter holiday behind the Polar Circle
In Winter above the Polar Circle the sunspots produce solar flares creating the northern lights of Aurora Borealis. And when the sky is dark and clear we can see the impressionable show eclipsing stars. Our guides are stand by and if there is the good broadcasting for Northern Lights for the coming night they come to collect you for the “Aurora’s hunting”.
The same days can be spent for more activities depending on time of the year: excursions and museums, skiing and snowmobiling, snow fun, meeting Saami culture and visiting Husky Farm, watching Barents sea shore, enjoying delicious traditional food in local restaurants, and many other things.
Tour description: guided excursion in Murmansk – skiing snowmobiling – Husky Farm
Group size: from 1 person
Dates: any date between 15.12 and 15.04.
Arrival in Murmansk airport. Meeting by a taxi and transfer to a hotel, check-in. If there is Northern Light in the sky you can go out and make first photos. Overnight in the hotel.
Breakfast. At 10.00 a guide comes to the hotel to pick you up for the city excursions including visits to the first nuclear icebreaker “Lenin” and Naval Museum or Historical Museum. Lunch in
a restaurant. At 17.00 transfer to Monchegorsk city and check-in at a hotel. Overnight. (BL)
Breakfast. At 10.00 a guide meet you at the hotel and bring by car to the start point at the ski tour. We ski in the surroundings of Monchegorsk close to Khibiny Mountain Tundra. Wilderness Lunch at campfire. At 18.00 coming back to the hotel. Overnight. (BL)
Breakfast. Transfer to Kirovsk and check-in at a hotel. Call taxi to come to Snow village (7 km). It is a big construction with sculptures and labyrinths, being made entirely of ice and snow. At 14.00 take a snowmobile safari in Khibiny mountains including shashlyk lunch in a small mountain hotel. When you are back to the Snow village call taxi to come to the hotel. Overnight in the hotel. (BL)
Breakfast. At 09:00 transfer to the Siberian Husky farm. You are welcome with hot tea and traditional pies. You will learn the wonderful story of the race “Siberian Husky”, can communicate with the charming and sweet dogs as well as to see reindeers and sledge behind them. You also will try ruling the dogs’ sledge by yourself.
Lunch in traditional dwelling. At 4 PM transfer to Murmansk and check-in at a hotel.
Breakfast. Transfer to the airport. (B)
- 2 nights in twin or double room in tourist class hotel in Murmansk
- 2 nights in twin or double room in tourist class hotel in Monchegorsk
- 1 night in twin or double room in tourist class hotel in Kirovsk
- meeting at Murmansk airport
- car service in Murmansk city at Day 2 from 10.00 to 17.00
- transfer from Murmansk city to Monchegorsk city
- transfer from Monchegorsk city to Kirovsk city
- transfer from Kirovsk city to Husky Farm and then to Murmansk city
- transfer to Murmansk airport
- excursion in icebreaker "Lenin"
- excursion in Regional Historical Museum or in Naval Museum
- one day skiing tour in Monchegorsk suburbs incl. ski rental
- 4 hour snowmobiling tour in Khibiny mountains
- program at Husky Farm with Husky sledging
- meals mentioned in the program: B – breakfast, L – lunch
- guide and English interpreter service during excursion in Murmansk
- guide service during skiing tour and snowmobiling tour
- guide and English interpreter service at Husky Farm
Price does not include:
- visa invitation
- snow shoes rental cost
- guide service for northern light watching
- car service for northern light watching
- bus service for northern light watching
Documents: Passport must be valid at least 6 months after date of return. A visa is required. We handle the tourist invitation.